The Young Republican National Convention will be in Mobile, AL, from July 10th – 14th! Join 300+ Young Republicans from around the country and go as an official delegate from the Texas Young Republicans. We will elect national officers, pass resolutions, discuss the future direction of the Republican Party, and more, all while having a great time on the local sunny beaches and evening special events.
The special hotel block of $129 a night will expire Monday at midnight. If you are contemplating going, you should book your rooms now. Remember, you can cancel your reservation up to 72 hours before arrival, and you don’t have to pay for the room until you check out. Click HERE to reserve your hotel room before our special rate expires on Monday, June 17.
This event is open to all Young Republicans and Texas has open delegate slots available for any Young Republican who is a member of a local club. The Texas Young Republican Federation is paying the $150 registration fee for the first 20 delegates who want to go. If you’re interested in going as a TX Delegate, please register at https://www.wepay.com/events/delegate-to-2013-national-yr-convention. For questions, please email Mark Brown at email@example.com. See the official convention website at: http://yrnc2013.com/
We have two groups carpooling / caravaning to Mobile, Al. One is leaving from Dallas / Ft Worth and the other is leaving from Houston. If you would like a ride to Mobile, are willing to drive, or would like to follow the caravan, please contact the carpooling coordinators:
Richard Morgan, DFW Area Carpool Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 214-562-3604
Chris Carmona, Houston Area Carpool Coordinator, email@example.com, 832-444-4293
The 2013 Annual Texas Young Republican State Convention will be held in Austin, TX, August 9-11. This annual convention gathers young Republican professionals from around the state to hear some great speakers, make new political connections, and meet other young activists from around the state. At the convention, we will elect new statewide officers for TYRF, pass resolutions, consider changes to the state federation’s constitution, and federate new local clubs.
To learn more and register to go to this convention, please see the official convention website at: http://tyrf2013.austinyr.com/
The Young Republican National Convention will be in Mobile, AL, this summer! Join 300+ Young Republicans from around the country and go as an official delegate from the Texas Young Republicans. We will elect national officers, pass resolutions, discuss the future direction of the Republican Party, and more, all while having a great time on the local sunny beaches and evening special events. This event is open to all Young Republicans and Texas has open delegate slots available for any Young Republican who is a member of a local club!
If your interested in going as a TX Delegate, please register:
For questions, please email Mark Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. See the official convention website at: http://yrnc2013.com/
We are currently working on a ground transportation option to Mobile that will include your Registration Ticket for one low price – so check back often or email Mark Brown to stay updated about the convention.
See the official facebook event page at: https://www.facebook.com/events/261626643980846/
YRNF will be participating again this year at CPAC! Below are highlights of how Young Republicans will be represented throughout the conference.
YOUNG REPUBLICANS ON STAGE
Several Young Republicans are featured at CPAC:
- Chelsi Henry, Outreach Chair for YRNF, will participate in a panel at CPAC. Friday, March 15th at 3:00 EST. Chelsi was also highlighted by PolicyMic’s “11 Black Conservatives Speaking at CPAC“
- Lisa Stickan, YRNF Chairman, will emcee proceedings Friday afternoon starting at 1:15 EST, including introducing Rep. Michael Burgess (TX), Rep. Sean Duffy (WI) and Rachel Campos-Duffy, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (TN), Rep. Diane Black (TN), Rep. Tim Huelskamp (KS) and others.
- Florida State Representative and Young Republican Jose Felix Diaz emceed Friday morning, introducing US Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (KY), Senator Kelly Ayotte (NH), and Rep. Paul Ryan (WI).
- Other YR members such as Laura Chambers and Francesca Chambers appeared on panels
YRNF is a sponsor of the ever popular Reaganpalooza again this year. Here are the details so you can join us in style (cocktail attire!)
WHEN: Saturday, March 16, 2013 – 8:00pm-2:00am
WHERE: LOOK (formerly Teatro Goldoni), 1909 K Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006 — [METRO: Farragut North (Red Line) & Farragut West (Blue/Orange Line)]
RSVP: Please RSVP on the Facebook Event page — orÂ email RSVP.
EVENT – The longstanding CPAC tradition continues with the largest young professional conservative event of the year! (over 900+ attendees last year) The theme will be a unity rally for young conservatives and to celebrate the great legacy of President Ronald Reagan
We hope to see you at CPAC! Please participate in one of our events, tweet on the #YRNF hashtag or just stop by our booth to say hi!
Giving Voice to a New Generation of Conservative Republican Voters
On Monday, March 4, approximately 40 Young Republicans from around the state gathered in Austin to meet with their legislators to share the issues that are of top concern to young adults in their 20′s and 30′s. The Young Republicans first conducted an extensive survey of their membership. Based on the results of their policy survey, the TX Young Republicans identified the following issues as top concerns for their demographic:
- Lower taxes
- Fair and sensible regulations on businesses
- Protection of Second Amendment rights
- Improvements to K-12 schools
- Increased educational options with more charter schools, vouchers and/or tax saving scholarships.
The results of the survey were incorporated into a handout, which listed specific bills that support the legislative priorities of the TX Young Republicans. The handout was delivered to every legislator the TX Young Republicans met with.
By opening the doors to political activism with events like Legislative Day, the Texas Young Republican Federation is growing the Republican Party among young voters in their 20′s and 30′s. We help young voters understand that the Republican Party’s principles of free markets, small government, and sensible regulations is their best opportunity for achieving a piece of the American Dream for their generation.
Besides serving to educate our lawmakers on issues important to Young Republicans, YR Legislative Day energized and inspired our members to become more deeply involved in political activism. For example, the legislative day inspired the Houston Young Republicans to add a petition signing at a social event in support of several free market legislative bills. Through the Texas Young Republicans, members who are new to the Republican Party feel they have a voice in conservative politics, and learn about how Republican principles have created the number 1 job creating state in the nation.
Texas YR Legislative Day builds on a history of significant accomplishments, including:
- Making over 35,000 voter contacts during the Fall presidential election.
- Simultaneously funding and sending two out of state deployment teams to campaign for Mitt Romney in Florida and Pennsylvania.
- Raising nearly $10,000 in support of Rep. Kenneth Sheets’ election.
- Tirelessly blockwalking in support of numerous Republican candidates, including Rep. Sarah Davis, Rep. Jason Villalba, David Pineda, Congressman Quico Canseco, and many others.
- Participating in local party activities as precinct chairs, election judges, and state republican executive committee members.
However, our ability to grow the Republican Party among young voters is directly connected with the financial backing of our supporters. With better funding, we can expand our club development activities in order to:
- Hire a full-time club development director.
- Double the number of active clubs from 15 to 30, by recruiting and training new club leaders on how to run a club successfully.
- Grow the membership of existing clubs by 150%.
- Educate our club leaders on how to develop more leadership through special events.
- Successfully put on more events that energize and motivate Young Republicans to become politically active.
- Train young republicans who want to run for local office.
- Place booths at gun shows, festivals, have parade floats, and have a presence at other community events that help bring in new people to the Republican Party.
The Texas Young Republicans have a demonstrated track record in successfully reaching out to young voters in their 20′s and 30′s at a critical time when the Republican Party must renew itself among a new generation of conservative voters. Help the Republican Party stay relevant among young adults by becoming a supporter today with a financial donation to the Texas Young Republican Federation.
If you prefer to mail a check, please send a payment to “Texas Young Republican Federation”, attention Mark Brown, 2633 McKinney Ave, Ste 130, Box 532, Dallas, TX 75204. Please complete this form and include with donations by mail.
Please note: Donations to Texas Young Republican Federation are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.