This is your 3rd notice of your official call for TYRF’s 4th Quarter Board Meeting. We now have as guest speakers:
Congressman Kevin Brady
(Had to fly back to DC to work on the Fiscal Cliff Issue)
State Rep Cecil Bell
RPT Outreach Director David Zapata
The hotel block reserved for $89.95 a night has expired – but the hotel isn’t very expensive anyway. See the accommodations section below to book your room.
The 4th Quarter Board Meeting is on Saturday, December 1, 2012 at The Woodlands. Our board meetings are open to all YR members to attend. The meeting will take place at the conference facilities at the Drury Inn & Suites located at 28099 I-45 North, The Woodlands, TX 77380. The Montgomery County Young Republicans are excited to be hosting us at this board meeting.
All Clubs are required to present a report at this meeting summarizing your activities since the last board meeting. The report can be as short or as long as you like, and can be given in person at the meeting, or emailed prior to the meeting to Secretary Smith, at email@example.com All club presidents, the TYRF Executive Committees, and certain appointed positions, have votes at this board meeting. Any person who would have two votes at this meeting by virtue of being both a club president and a TYRF officer, must delegate their club’s vote to another member of their club by notifying Kristen Smith of their appointee prior to the meeting, in order to preserve you club’s vote.
Friday, 7:30 pm – 10 pm: We’ll be meeting for beer, food, and fun at the AMF Bowling Alley, located at 27000 Interstate 45. You can find this event on Facebook – please rsvp for a rough headcount. Come meet other YR’s attending the meeting;
9:30 am – 10:30 am Fundraising meeting with Mark C. Brown, Jessica Pence, Richard Morgan, Elizabeth Miller (open meeting)
10:30 am – 11:30 pm Board Meeting
11:30 am – 12:15 pm RPT Outreach Director David Zapata; Hispanic outreach discussion & Post Election Strategy
12:15 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch (provided); State Rep Cecil Bell
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm Board Meeting;
5:00 pm Adjourn
Board Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order
3. Pledges of Allegiance
4. Roll Call, TYRF Secretary Kristen Smith
5. Opening Report and Summary of Election Activities – TYRF Chair, Mark C. Brown
6. Federation of New Club – Lubbock Young Republicans, under Jon Bruegel
7. Appointment votes: Michael Holdman, Bexar County, as Executive Director; Jonathan Boos, Dallas County YR’s, as Political Action Director
8. PAC Committee: Report on Proposed PAC Bylaws; Discussion; Possible vote and appointment of Initial PAC Board – Jonathan Boos
See Bylaws Here
9. Scorecard Committee: Report on Developing legislative scorecard – Michael Holdman
10. Calendar Discussion: Laying out schedule for Spring
a. TYRF Red Conference?
b. Legislative Day?
c. YRNF Spring Board Meeting – April 26 – 28 (now confirmed: the YR National Federation would like to come to San Antonio this weekend).
d. TYRF Spring Board Meeting – Suggestions on Location Welcomed
11. Report on Republican Party of Texas: creation of new Coalitions category; pros and cons vs Auxiliary clubs; Potential issue with RPT regulating auxiliaries re alcohol, chaperones
12. Discussion: Growing the Republican Party – What do we need to change? How can TYRF help? How can we better grow our clubs with minority voters. What works?
13. 2012 TYRF State Convention Financial Report / Split of Convention Loss with TCYR’s – Brandon Moore
14. Club Defederation: Tyler YR’s, Victoria YR’s, clubs still owing annual dues
15. TYRF State Convention Update – Mike Dominguez or Austin YR Representative
16. Officer Reports:
a. Vice-Chair, J Ross Lacy; reaching out to other auxiliaries
b. Finance Chair, Jessica Pence
c. Secretary, Kristen Smith; Google Drive
d. Treasurer, Rebecca Young
e. National Committeeman, Brian Bodine
f. National Committeewoman, Elizabeth Miller
g. Club Development Director, Richard Morgan
17. New Business – if any (email me now if you have something you want to add)
18. Club Reports – Reports from each federated club
The Drury Inn & Suites located at 28099 I-45 North, The Woodlands, TX 77380 has a block of rooms available for $89.95 per night. Call 281-362-7222 ask for the Montgomery County Young Republicans, group number 1195743,or go online to: http://www.druryhotels.com/Reservations.aspx?groupno=2164126. This room block expires after Friday, November 16. Reservations made after Friday will be at the normal hotel rates of $105 – $115.
Mark C. Brown,
Chairman, Texas Young Republican Federation